Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Madness


I could think of no other way to put my mine and Drew's bracket on my blog other than take a picture of it with my phone.  I did, however, waste a bunch of time trying to find a way.  Blogger is the biggest time vacuum there ever was. 
So this is how we did it: I read him the team names and he picked the winners based on the sound of the school name and his own personal associations.  For example, he has Duke over St. Johns for the championship.  Duke is his dog's name and John is his grandpa's name.  There are a few improbabilities but its a pretty solid bracket.  We really need Northern Colorado to be the Cinderella story this year and this may be the only bracket in the state that has Wofford over BYU but based on Drew's selection process, they really are the better choice, phonetically.  The pot is up to $200.00 so if we win maybe Drew will look back on this day as the day we started winning a $200.00 bet and not the day he was disappointed by the lack of leprechaun sightings.  Its been kind of a bummer for him.  If I had known he expected to see actual leprechauns on St Patrick's day I would have prepared him for this but I had no idea until this morning when we were picking out a green shirt and he said "Oh man, I hope I see a leprechaun today".  Looking back, I wish I would've tried harder to explain things to him instead of go get my phone and text it to Justin.  He has a trap set for one at his daycare and everything.  So for now I'm off to distract him with Richmond's victory over Vanderbilt and prepare him for Northern Colorado's elimination and hope he doesn't notice southern Utah's shortage of leprechauns this year.

No comments: