Friday, November 5, 2010

Blog Part III

I know, I know.  This is the 3rd time I've started over on my blog.  Its weird that I keep doing that because my blog is private and no one else can read it.  At least I think its private.  Even weirder is how the last time I started over I had like a paragraph long explanation about why I hadn't been keeping up on my blog.  Like I was making excuses to my (apparently mean) future self so I wouldn't get in trouble.  And now I'm wondering why I  have deleted the older posts.  Maybe I'm trying to destroy the evidence of my flakiness to avoid consequences there also.  ANYway, there are a few new happenings in my life that have inspired the third edition of my blog.  Number one: we got our family pictures.  And it was not the nightmare I thought it was going to be.  Mostly due to the photographer, Parker Grimes.  He's from Emery County too and his blog is amazing.  We didn't give him much to work with.  Drew had a brand new smile that day, in which his lower jaw was as far left as it could go and his upper jaw was as far right as he could get it.  Justin's was not new, just his usual non-smile.  And when  I smile my fat face makes my eyes disappear. And I have a giant ass.  But Parker is really laid back so we were more relaxed also.  He's really good at taking a picture at exactly the right time and he's awesome at giving directions.  In the past, Justin has been almost combative with photographers.  Like when they say "smile" he reacts like they are bossing him around and withholds his non-smile as punishment.  But this time it was kind of fun and we are very happy with the results.  The reason for our family pics is the second new happening in our lives: Justin's unit received their mobilization orders and he is going back to Iraq in the spring.  Because I cannot even think about that, I will be blogging about everything else but.  Which brings me to Jon Stewart's and Steven Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.  I didn’t so much care about the rally as I did about the hilarious signs.  Well, that’s not true.  I started to care about the rally because of the signs.  Then I wished I could've been there.   Really bad.  This is new for me.  I haven’t really had a desire to attend any kind of rally until recently.  It started with Prop 8 because it’s just crazy that in 2010 America a citizen can be denied a basic civil liberty.  That 17 year old kids who are as dumb as they will ever be, what with hormones and being only 17, can get married, but two gay people can't.  THEN came the immigration debate.  I am boycotting Arizona and hope to someday have a chance to act on this boycott.  So this is how I started to maybe want to attend a protest rally.  But there really aren’t any in Cedar.  Or maybe there are and I just never hear about them.  But I could never come up with signs like these.  There were over 800 but I only looked through the first hundred or so. 
These were the political signs I laughed at...  

There was one that said "That's What She Said"
but I couldn't find it again
  
Not the Obama one, the homophobia one. 


From Princess Bride?

But the ones that didn't have anything to do with anything made me laugh too...






See? It looks like the funnest rally ever.  But can you imagine if there was a rally in Cedar and I did find out about it and I took a sign that said something like any of these?  But maybe no one else laughed at these...Lots of times I tell Justin something that had me in tears it was so funny and he doesn't even crack a smile.  No.  I'm pretty sure that has more to do with him being a fun hater.

No comments: